Friday, March 12, 2010

The Weight Of The Day

Connor's Foot

I knew when I took this photo over a year ago it would be needed someday.  Today is that day.  I am blogging about my feet and his are more photogenic.  Yesterday I was working in the OR holding all day.  Patients in and patients out.  Prepping for surgery, gown on, ted hose on, IV started, their clothing packed away, charting done...all of this while standing.  By the time the afternoon rolled around I was still rolling on like a tumble weed.  The only part of my body that was putting up a fuss was the bottom of my feet.

My head was OK.  My back had no complaints and even though I had entered a bible's worth of information into a laptop, my wrist and hands were still flying.  My legs were happy wrapped in my support stockings...but my feet...they were screaming!

By late afternoon I started sittting down between patients just to shut them up (not the patients but my feet).  Then when I get home Greg and I are standing around the kitchen, sharing the days happenings, when my feet say, "alright already! take a load off."  Ahhhhh, kick back in my chair and they start relaxing.

This morning they are still talking, but in a whisper...and this I realize...that our poor feet take the brunt of every choice we make...of every activity we participate in and for every cute shoe we want to wear.

And although I sympathize with my feet I have had to give them a "come to jesus" talk and say..."hey, your life could be so much worse!"

No comments: