Saturday, March 20, 2010

Procrastinate Now, Don't Put It Off

I used to study the art of procrastination.  I was very good at it and became known in my family as the princess of procrastination.  I remember my sister one birthday gave me a note pad that said at the top of each page...Procrastinator's List Of Things To Do.
I am not sure if it was a gift or a slam.  I remember thinking it didn't feel so good having a title like that.  What I have learned in the years to follow is that procrastination isn't so bad when you dose it.  You will recognize when procrastinating feels good and when it feels bad.  Spending time with your children...love ones...rather than vaccuming...yeah...that is way good procrastination.  Getting your taxes together on April 14th...bad procrastination.  Over the years I have figured out the best procrastination and the worst procrastinations.  Not paying bills on time...bad procrastination...taking the dog for a walk instead of laundry...good procrastination.

It is that fine balance and I can now say that I am the Queen of Procrastination.  I have fine tuned the procrastinator's life and no longer need a note pad...for I have the best of times and the worst of times procrastinating within my power!

No comments: