Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dream A Little Dream....

This has been one weird winter.  First we get a dump load of snow which melted in a nano second and then we have had months of on again off again spring weather in the middle of winter.  My iris's are already sprouting and they are wondering what the heck is going on.

I so love to experience winter...the kind of winter where you need your snow shoes to go get your mail.  Instead I have had a winter that is more reflective of Portland.

The unreasonable part of this kind of winter is that when it happens in Central Oregon you absolutely do not get flowers.  Unlike Portland that is in full blooms.  Instead you get plants that are struggling to decided...should I sprout or should  remain dormant.

I am ready to get off this merry go round and head to Portland this weekend.  Because apparently they are really experiencing Spring!

photo by Connor Bates

So today I dream a little dream of flowers and herbs growing.  The scent of them riding the wave of a gentle wind...fulfilling a need to smell the scents that give bloom to love.

No comments: