Thursday, March 25, 2010

21 Things We're Learning to Live Without!


Monthly payments
Window shopping
Bells and Whistles
Clutter
Cable TV
A Home Phone
Privacy
Prepared Food
Tupperware Parties
Packaged Cigarettes
Lattes
Guilt
Extra Calories
Newspapers and Magazines
Healthcare
New Gifts
New Cars
Comfort
A Daily Commute
Fancy Dates
Debt

It is amazing how dramatic the world has changed.  When I was growing up this list was the norm...not something we gave up.  I used to roll my dad's cigarettes.  My parents never went out on dates...and it wasn't until I was away at college that my dad bought his first brand new car.  There was never any privacy as we always had people moving in and out of our home.  That was how you gave a leg up to a family member.  Regifting...was an art form.

Now this list came out as if these were things that one could not live without but now are forced to...Interesting times we live in....


No comments: