Monday, March 8, 2010

Cross Dressing

Japanese Cops Are Cross Dressing

Patrolling in high heels, wigs and designer bags, Japanese black-belt policemen have been cross-dressing in a bid to beat off bag-snatchers, a report said Wednesday.



The all-male squad has been deployed since last month on night patrols in central Aichi prefecture, wearing skirts and stockings and carrying eye-catching handbags as bait for potential thieves, the Asahi daily reported.


So far the unit has failed to nab any muggers, the Asahi said, and Aichi police declined to comment on the report.

To qualify for the special squad, police have to be young, slim and hold the top rank of a black belt in a martial art such as karate or judo, the report said.


A 26-year-old officer -- measuring 1.71 metres (5.6 feet) in height and weighing in at a dainty 61 kilograms (134 pounds) -- expressed pride in the mission, telling the daily: "It's cowardly to target women who are weak."

So, you wonder about this sudden interest in men who cross dress?  Well, yesterday I saw something that caused me to drop my mouth open...not even hiding my astonishment.  For those who live in Bend, Oregon...as with other places in the world we have our peculiar citizens.  There was the guy who dressed in all black, long flowing coat, with a katana strapped to his back riding a bicycle with a long black beard.  One day a nude woman dressed in only cowboy boots was riding her bike around town...and then there is Frank.

Frank is a gulf war vet, receives VA benefits and I am sure has not had a shower since the war.  He drives around town in a convertable with all kinds of junk hanging out of his car and the hood has several items glued to the surface.  Sometimes he has a manquin with him and all of the time he has 2 dogs and one cat on a leash.  He parks himself and his animals in front of a variety of coffee shops and plays his guitar with a money jar for donations.  He is disheveled and just plain dirty...as is his car, which is now taped together cause someone ran into the back end.  Although startling for tourists...occassionally you will see a mother run her young son into a store to avoid passing Frank...he is harmless...I think.

I say I think...because today I saw another side of Frank and I saw way more of Frank than I ever wanted too.

As he drove up his convertable top was closed...hummm...rain or shine it is always open.  When he parked and opened it up and rose out of his car in all his glory...I swear, my mouth dropped open.  He is one big man...at least 6'5 but when he stood up and walk around in his mini dress, opened to the waist with his chest hairs flowing in all their glory,  his fishnet stocking and the largest pair of clogs I have ever seen, embedded with rhinestones.  I almost inhaled my coffee.  To top off this ensemble his hair was spiked with blue dye, a bucket load of makeup and enough jewels to make the Queen envious. I swear a man wearing red lipstick with a couple days worth of facial hair growth is not a pretty sight!

Although he will always make an entrance no matter where he goes...today the group of people who stopped for coffee after church and saw him...well that moment was priceless.

No comments: