Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Sweet Spot

Hey...at least I didn't add the poop!  But this blog is about the sweet spot. Our morning ritual is, once the heater kicks on I am supposed to get up and take Enzo outside.  The last two mornings I haven't heard the heater come on and so I continue sleeping until suddenly I feel a wet nose nudging me.  He is now tall enough to stand next to the bed and lie his head and wet nose against me.

OK, already...this morning is my turn to make breakfast in bed.  It is a nice way to move into the day but first we have to go outside a do our duty...I mean doodie.

As I am standing in the very crisp cold air I watch Enzo search for the sweet spot.  That perfect spot to deposit his gift to the world.  I start thinking whats the difference from this little inch of earth and the one right next to it...but he starts and adjusts and decides, no it's not this spot...no it's not that spot....no the sweet spot is over here!!!!!!!  Geezzzz

But, then I start to think...is he any different than us.  We need our sweet spot, not just in which bathroom we use the most in our homes, but we decorate it up...cause if you're going to chose that as your sweet spot, it needs candles, pictures, pretty towels...in fact our sweet spots include everything.  We can't sleep without OUR pillow.  We sleep better in OUR own bed.  We sit in the same chair when we eat.  We like the same spot to watch TV....

I guess Enzo is even less anal (no pun intended) than us about life and requires only one sweet spot.  Thank god today is a busy girlfriend day...cause obviouly I need some excitement to write about.

No comments: