Monday, February 8, 2010

Orgainize Me

                         
My cousin Kathy bought a label maker...with white or pink labels. I love the label maker and it has already come in handy in placing my library card # on my lap top.  One small pink label has made one facet of my life easier...logging onto the library web site. 

Now the boys...don't get it.  Why are we so happy with the label maker?  It represents control.  We are gaining control of our lives.  We are orgainizing an otherwise consistently chaotic life.  If I had owned a label maker when my boys were young...I would have labeled up their lives.

The labels not only help with orgainzing but they are a concrete sign that life can be brought to a peaceful state.  There were times that I would be overwhelmed with the idea of cleaning an entire house...but if things were labeled, some of the decision making would already be done and thus lessening the load.

I remember deciding one time to buy bathroom cleaner for each bathroom and stop carrying the supplies from bathroom to bathroom...that was huge...it made the job easier.

Maybe as women we have to figure out how to make life more manageable and it if takes a pink label maker...so be it!  I am already making a list of labels I want...life can always be a little more orgainized.

1 comment:

Lil' Red said...

Music to my ears! Thanks for "getting it!" It think I need to make a few labels today . . . needing some peace.