Saturday, February 6, 2010

Block Of The Month

2010 I am stretching my quilter's wings and tackling 2 block of the months.  One of them I know what the outcome will be...the photo above.  The second one is a mystery and I will get only a block each month, discovering the completed quilt at the end of the year.

I have been quilting since 1993 and I have learned a lot from my quilting, and my quilts.  It has opened a world of creativity, girlfriends...taught me forgiveness, humility and generosity...BUT, these 2 blocks of the month are challenging me in a different way.  I am learning patients, acceptance and commitment.  I am not choosing the fabric, it is given too me...and yet I must figure out how to make these quilts my own...putting my mark on them, so they won't look the same as everyone else's block of the month quilts.

Quilting...it is my passion, my peace, my story.

No comments: