Monday, February 1, 2010

I Gotta A Coowd

A Cold Virus

I have a cold.  I rarely get colds.  I have a cold.  My nose is running like a waterfall.  I have a cold.  My head is all stuffy.  I have a cold.

I spent the last weekend quilting with girlfriends and came home with the gift of a cold.  Most people would be PO'd that they got a cold, but for me...it makes my weekend last longer. 

In the scheme of my life I rarely get to quilt for a whole day...life starts talking to me.  I can occassionaly get a couple of hours in, here or there but rarely a full day.  As soon as I start quilting I hear the dishes clanging to be done, Enzo starts ringing the bell on the door to go outside, my car starts whinning that we have errands to run...and recently my yard has been seductively trying to get me outside to play.  But quilt retreat gives me a full long weekend of quilting.  It is amazing what can be created when you quilt in long stretches.  The friendship, the conversation, the laughing all make quilts and quilt making have good juju. 

So here I am with a cold.  I had fully intended to be on the go all day working on the puzzle of the life I left behind last Thursday...instead I have a cold.  Which means...I quilt today.  I have already unpacked my quilting life from the weekend.  I have a candle lit...a book on CD ready to listen...and a project in mid-creation on the design wall.

Thank you for the cold...I needed it.

No comments: