Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The View

Photo by Connor Bates

This is such an amazing photo.  It has excellent composition, good lighting and meets the technical aspects photographers seek.  More than that, it is the view from one persons eye.  Not eyes, but the mind's eye that seek, finds and acknowledges the beautiful of that which is right in front of you while other unfortunately will miss the opportunity.

In every day life we pass extraordinary moments, amazing people and unusual events without taking the time to capture it in our hearts and mind.  We are rushing.  We are preoccupied.  We are stressed.

Life is so rich...the good, the bad and the ugly...but it is life.  As I make my way through any given day I am more aware of what is around me and because of that I have ridden in a limo for $2 in San Francisco, I have been moved to first class on a flight at no cost twice, I have met the Kurdish Ministry, I have been photographed with a batalion of Chinese soldiers and I now have a pile of Winnie the Pooh needle point pillows from the 1950's to figure out what to do with...Life is exceptional if you capture the moment.


No comments: