Saturday, February 13, 2010

Touch

When I looked up the word "touch" in the dictionary there were over 100 definitions of the word.  I think the reason is that this word is soooo powerful.  It can bring love, it can bring hate...it can bring peace or chaos.

The power of touch can make my day go well or down the drain.  Whenever I listen to a patient's lungs I always place my hand on their shoulder...there are times I actually feel them relax.  Touch.

We can touch people in different way, either physically or vocally. We can touch someone by our deeds.  We are able to touch others by phone, email, snail mail, or through the world wide web.  My cousin can put his children to bed by Skype.  There are so many ways to touch someone it makes me wonder why more people don't make the effort?  If we are not careful the speed of life can take away our desire to touch others.

Out of the dozens of definition of touch I liked, "to affect with some feeling or emotion."  I wish to touch, because what I have discovered is when I touch someone in whatever way I choose...I get a warm feeling that soothes my soul.

PS.  Thank you Ingre, your little surpise touched me.

1 comment:

Lil' Red said...

You have an amazing touch. As a past, current and future receiver....I'm am grateful!