Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Relationships

Relationships are the most complicated union on the planet.  I have read that a dog will love you more than they love themselves...not so for humans.  Finding a person who will love you more than themselves, is very difficult.

I believe there is more than one person on the planet who is perfect for each of us and even in it's perfectness, it is work.  Finding the one and only requires that you first know who you are and how you see your future.  Only time and experience will give you a glimpse of the answer.

As I look back at my relationships, I see the good, the bad and the ugly but each one gave me a clearer picture of what I really wanted.  Each one was worth the effort because it gave me a piece of the puzzle which ultimately would complete the picture of my life.  The relationship I wanted became more defined...and even in the relationship that I see as my life long one, I have learned that I am required to be more flexible and I have had to ask myself over time, "Do I want to be right or do I want to be happy."

Sometimes it takes the stars lining up right, for two people to be in the same place, running the same pace for you to see the future.

No comments: