Friday, September 18, 2009

A Road Less Traveled...


I lost a day.  Today I woke up and was hanging out with friends when the conversation turned to how long we would be together and I lost a day.  I thought I would be heading back to Bend on Sunday when in fact it was Monday.  Losing a day...or losing the memory that there was a day to lose, freaked me out.

I actually cried.  The realization that I had let my life get to a point where I would lose a day.  This is a road less traveled for me.  Basically, I am good at boundaries, orgainzation and am getting better with trying to live with a clear view of what lies down the road...but how can you view what lies down the road when you lose a day.

After discussion with friends and being reassured by Greg, I am even more committed to holding each day as if it is the most precious day of my life.  I know as humans it may be an unrealistic goal but even if I alter a fraction of my life in this positive way the road less traveled may be a wonderful path.

No comments: