Wednesday, September 16, 2009

After A Life Time Of Dreaming....

the 78 yr.old character in the movie "Up" embarks on the dream of a life time, with the help of an 8 yr. old boy.  As with many children's movies there is an adult message.  I know that I love children's books and children's movies.  The messages are always so simple and yet like a slap along side the head.

I see my children living their dreams, working hard...building the frame work of their lives.  They have both traveled more than most and have talents that use the creative side of the brain which makes the orgainzation side work in balance.  Some, you are born with and some, is cultivated in a family culture.  I want to be a role model in living a balanced life, you are healthier and happier as each decade of your life gives you more gifts and challenges.

This last year I stumbled a little and lived only in my orgainzational side.  I had lots of rules this year.  When you live on the side of your brain where rules...rule...it is always at some cost.  Sometimes you make the choice to live only on one side and it means something different for each person.

For me...it was ignoring my health. Ignoring my yard. Ignoring my quilting...all of which I love.  But, I have been writing...so, the balance is not hitting the ground totally on one side, as in a teeter totter. 

To balance out life, requires choices.  Choices require, presence of mind.  Presence of mind requires hearing your soul.  Hearing your soul requires risk...because listening to your soul means you love yourself enough to hear the truth.

No comments: