Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Couple


Here I am...parental unit #1 had a successful surgery.  I find myself sitting in a hotel in a city I do not know.  What is weird is I cannot remember ever staying in a hotel by myself, in a city I do not know.  I was alway a couple.  Whether it was husband and wife or girlfriend and girlfriend.  I have never just been me, myself and I??? in a hotel room.  

It is a strange spot.  I had to check the hotel out...referred by the surgeon as the place to stay.  I had to check out the room...not so bad.  But, what I do know is there is nothing warm and fuzzy about being in a hotel by myself.  No amount of feng shui decor, mini appliances, dozens of channels or complementary breakfast create a feeling of that you have when you are with those you love.

No comments: