Friday, September 11, 2009

Beach Dog~Mountain Dog

We are spending a few days at a friend's coast house.  This is a new experience for Enzo.  He is a mountain dog, born in the high desert and in his short 4 months he has only known mountain air.

My old brain loves the sea.  I was born on a penninsula, grew up in a coast city, went to college in a beach town.  Most of my youth was spent smelling the ocean air and listening to the sounds of the beach.  I used to think that my entire life was connected to the ocean.

That was until Greg asked if we could live somewhere different????  As I reflect to my somewhat emotional move away from the sea...I can now say that it was the best move ever.  I love the high desert, the mountain air and the variety of life...but when I am near the ocean I sleep like a baby.

I was worried about Enzo.  The walk down the boardwalk took forever.  He did not like walking on wood, nor did he like being able to see between the boards.  The pile of barking sea lions freaked him out and he wouldn't even look at them...but once his feet touched the sand...oh my god...it was shear joy!!!  I wished he wasn't so young because I would have let him off the leash.  He wanted to run like the wind!

I guess he has a little bit of both, mountain and ocean...little bit country...little bit rock 'n roll!

No comments: