Thursday, September 3, 2009

It's All In The Color And The Cut

It is all in the amount of money you want to spend...or rather how you want to spend your money.  Until this summer I have cut way back (no pun intended) on my expenditures but still keeping my same hairdresser for her skill and the way it made me feel to go to this particular shop.  When you go to a hair salon it usually is about the entire package.  How clean it is, how feng shui it's decor, how great a haircut you get and how they make you feel.

But finally this summer as I contemplated how much I really want to work in order to have my hair cut and colored at this particular salon...I had a "come to jesus" talk with myself.  Sure my hairdresser gave me a fabulous haircut.  Sure I got complements left and right.  Sure people always asked me where I had my hair done...but none of that was going to allow me to cut back at work...or even retire early.

So comes the last hold out of my much improved budget...for $20 I got my hair cut at the quickie salon.  It is not spectacular but it is functional.  Maybe I'll start cutting coupons next....

No comments: