Monday, August 31, 2009

Phenomenal Woman

Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion
model's size.
But when I start to tell them,
They think I'm telling lies.
I say,
It's in the reach of my arms
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally,
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.
Maya Angelou



I find that the time I spend with women is one of adventure.  Add a man to the mix and the adventure gets kicked up a notch.  When women get together and they come with open hearts, it is amazing what can happen.  The world as we know it expands with the female capacity to listen, feel and share.  

I find I am a much better friend and wife to my husband because I feel safe to bring my complete female energy to the relationship.  He is not threatened by the female energy but flexes and absorbs the energy.

It is in relationship with women that I learn about myself and what I am willing to share, that makes me a better person.

No comments: