Monday, October 26, 2009

Walk, Trot, Jog...Run???



Having made myself a goal of either running or walking the Portland Marathon 2010...I have started the training.  Now you say...why now, it's only 2009?  Because it will take me that long to get ready.

The photo above is mile 9 of this years marathon...oh I remember well the exhilitration and fear...yes, fear at mile 9.  Having come so far, yet so far to go...not even half way.

Although 2010 is my year to set boundaries, to only do that which I find meaningful and to make a effort of connecting with the people I love...I always feel better when I have a goal to sink my teeth into...thus the Portland Marathon.  It is fun, love the town, it is basically at sea level...lol

I have been working on the walk part and today I added the trot.  I am alternating walking then trotting, then walking then trotting...all the while building up the time/distance.  1 mile down...25.4 to go.

The difference I notice from the last time I trained is my bladder was younger.  During the 2005 race I only had to stop once to pee...I have a feeling my time is going to be longer because of the additional pee stops that my much older bladder will need.

I go into this race with the knowledge that I did it before, that I didn't hit any 20 mile wall and to not drink the Red Bull.

No comments: