Friday, October 16, 2009

Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.


It is hard to believe in this day and age that in the United States of America there are people in positions of authority who are so overtly prejudice.  An interracial couple seeking a marriage license were denied by the judge because he feared for the children???  I still have a report card from my first grade teacher that said I was retarded due to the mix of my blood???  But geez that report card is 50 years old...

The judge who denied them the marriage license said he had black friends, he even let them use his bathroom????  Holy Crap....

On the other hand, I do not fear this judge.  We know where he stands.  The people I fear are those that keep their hatred a secret from everyone. Who deny employment, mortgages and education based on the prejudices...who raise their children to fear those that are different.  Prejudice does not stop at race...when you are a prejudice person it crosses to class, location, physical attitributes, economic status and mental capacity. 

It is not a perfect world but working towards tolerance and acceptance can get us closer.


No comments: