Sunday, October 4, 2009

SNOW!!!!


Oct. 4, 2009 and it is snowing.  This photo shows the type of flakes called dendrites that fall at temperatures between 27 degrees and 30 degrees.  Beautiful to look at individually, but we do not see it with the human eye.  Still, to see large flakes fall in huge masses from the night sky still is wonderous.

I always feel uplifted when I see the first snow falling in mass...even if it doesn't stick.  It reminds me that change is coming and it can be beautiful.  Seasonal affect is a part of my life, but over the years I have developed a plan of attack which has worked effectively for me.  Excercise, eating light tasty meals, catching up on my reading and quilting...which means, I take more time for myself doing those things that make me smile.  This year I have added a new piece and that is,  listening to what I let my brain hear.  Any negative statement, I am going to stop myself and turn it into a positive.  Example, "I hate the days are getting shorter!" to "The days are getting shorter, I am going to plan to read or sew more!"

My brain is the emotional brain of a child and will be excited, happy, pout or get depressed by what ever information my itellectual brain will give it...so I say give it cake! lol

No comments: