Monday, October 5, 2009

To Pooped To Participate


In the past I did not know the word NO.  I didn't want to miss anything.  As a kid I would stay up late and wake up early, so as to not miss a moment of life.  Burning the candle at both ends was a way of life.

As I made my way through the years I continued the pattern I was born into.  Joining clubs, volunteering, says "yes" to every invitation...I am not sure if I was chasing my perception of the perfect life or if I was afraid of what my life would be like if I stopped.

Either way I have reached a "come to Jesus" moment where I want to make conscious decision about how I want to spend my time.  I know, if I said yes to every opportunity that my candle would burn itself out.  I know that lots of fun things are happening around me but does it mean I have to say yes in order to fulfill some unknown fun adgenda? 

Can quality be better than quantity...does saying yes make people like me more?  or is always saying yes mean I like myself less? hummmm

What I do know is moments make up minutes...and minutes make up hours...and hours make up days...which make up months and years.  I want to pay attention to how I spend my moments so that I'm happy for many years.

No comments: