Wednesday, October 7, 2009

It's My Birthday...I Can Do What I Want Too...

 
Gao Gao is celebrating his birthday with an ice cake made of fruits, bamboo and honey. I plan on something a little less frozen...and although I like bamboo shoots...I am not sure I would take to the stalk.

I have taken my birthday off by using a vacation day for as long as I can remember.  There is something special about taking a break from life to celebrate the day you were born.  I don't necessarily do anything different, I am still running errands but it feels different because I am honoring my life by putting a halt to schedule I live.

For today my "half toos" are replaced by my "want toos"...and today I get to enjoy my birthday with Enzo, a built in playmate.

Today as I view the life I was born into, I look not to the difficulties but to the blessings. I am grateful for all the days, good and bad...for each event has brought me to this birthday my 56th...a life filled with a loving family, good friends, employment, home and a really great dog.

No comments: