Thursday, October 15, 2009

Doctor, Doctor...Give Me The News...


I always loved that song...but I always feared the doctor.  Funny that I am a nurse.  My doctor phobia is really not about the doctor but about the news.  I have viewed my health as the enemy and have done a great job of duck and jive when it came to doctors.  Choosing health care professionals that I could manipulate with my charm...lol

This year just about kicked me to the curb.  Lucky for me, the way my brain works is once I start chewing on an issue I am a "take it to the mat" kind of gal.

Once realizing that the path I was on was the same one my dad took, minus the smoking...I decided to change directions.  I found me a new doctor...one who could care less about my charming personality but took my health status seriously.  I also chose one that believed in the basic goal of prevention not a standard pharmacutical approach of one size fits all.  So to the naturopath's office I went to see if this was where I wanted to be.

I was give the most comprehensive physical I have ever had, 15 lab test to find out all my dirty little secrets, carotid ultrasound, heart calcium ultrasound, dexascan and have a scheduled pap.  The difference was the breath and scope of the exam and that she sat down and went over each and every test, explaining that altough I am totally normal...except for my cholesterol, I am not optimal.  Traditional medicine doesn't care if you are optimal...as long as you are in the norm for Americans (which as we know the norm of America sucks).

I am excited to have the facts, too know what they mean and to have a plan...

doctor, doctor give me the news I got a bad case of loving youuuuu.....

It's Dr. Brust if you are interested.

No comments: