Thursday, October 29, 2009

100% Mortality


The human race has a 100% mortality.  There is no one, who has escaped this fate.  For each one person there will be one death.  Brutal in its reality.

The question is...given that you get this one life why do so many people spend their thoughts worrying about the next...when we really do not know if there is a next?  How can we even fathom what comes next?  So man, in order to feel better or more secure has written in many languages what they believe will be next.  There are creative stories of heaven, or levels we reach with each death...or reincarnation. But in reality we do not know...we are man...ground on this earth...in this life. 

How much better the world would be if we focused on this life...our only life.  Would people who are good because they are entrenched in the dogma of religion, still be good people if they did not believe.  Is the only reason they are good is because someone in a church tells them that God expects it...or can we not be good because it is part of being human?

With all the different religions in existence...each believing they are the one, that if you do not believe as they do, you are destined to end up someplace...not heaven...how can we progress in our humanity unified by our common goodness.

As I continue to grow in my humanity and beliefs...I know that I am destined to die.  The one fact is, that there is a 100% mortality to being human.  So, if this is possibly the only life I get would I not want to spend it learning to be the best person I believe I can be...not the person who the pulpit says I should be. 

I want to focus my energy on this life...not the next...do I not want to do that which enhances this life...not the next.  Can I make this life fulfilling irregarless of the next.  Would it not be healthier to cherish the people in the present rather than longing to see them...in the next. 

If one were to see the reality of what religion has created, we would cry a million tears.  If we were to embrace the present, strive to be good in spite of religion...then we would be gods.

No comments: