Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bottle Feeding


It is interesting to me that when people get stressed they revert to the need for bottle feeding.  Whether it is work, home tasks, banking or just the plain flu and you're not feeling good...we tap into that long ago memory of being bottle feed.  Someone else can figure it out, mix it up and feed us the info.  Our minds go blank, we just don't wanna...the brain whine starts to happen and pretty soon we start making that sucking sound.

For me it especially happens at work. We are required to carry in our brains software what would fit between the covers of a Webster Dictionary.  So when an IT person starts asking me questions and wanting me to do stuff to make the hardware work...I don't wanna!  I actually said that over the phone last week...I don't wanna...because when I restart the computer it takes 5-10 mintues to get back to where I was...you do it...my lips started moving in a sucking motion...I didn't actually stick my thumb in my mouth...but  I was close!

As one of my best friends said, "some people just need to be burped."  If we could do this for ourselves we would release gas and feel better...but then again...sometimes I just don't wanna...suck, suck, suck....

No comments: