Friday, February 20, 2009

Nature's Face Blanket

The Source (our weekly slightly bent free paper) had an article called Nature's Face Blanket concerning the beard growing that occurs around Central Oregon during the winter.

"Beards have become increasing acceptable in the past couple of years" ??? Apparently there was the assumption that a bearded man was either a logger, a homeless logger...or a hippie. You can now have a beard and a job. 71% of the staffers of The Source have beards.

Where have I been. The last time I saw Greg's "soft as a baby's butt" face was on my wedding day...almost 32 years ago. I did love his clean shaved face but I think a person should have the right to do what they want with their own hair and if he likes his beard (and it is a nice one) then who am I do demand a clean shaved face. If I started demanding a clean shaved face, he might start demanding that I dye my hair blond...or get a mullet.

What I do know is Greg is not a hippie, or a logger, or homeless...he is just a hard working guy who has been gainfully employed, who likes his beard.

No comments: