Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Is It A Brave New World????

I believe that it is, a brave new world...today, I have to bring courage with me to work because I basically just want to cry. 75 employees of St. Charles got their walking papers yesterday and 45 more had their hours reduced...which may just be a painful hemorrhage. I do not know the extent of the fall out, but a secretary that I have worked with for about 8 yrs was let go yesterday. It is hard to imagine what it would be like to be within 5 years of retirement and lose your job. Who is going to hire you at that age? Most of us need group health insurance because we have preexisting health issues and can't afford private insurance...and yet we are too young to qualify for Medicare.

I feel blessed to be in the profession I am in but it does not keep me from feeling the pain around me. So today, I drop my head and focus on bringing good energy to my co-workers.

No comments: