Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Do You Love Your Job Enough To Marry It???

What a hoot! There are some statisticians who have been tracking if people love their jobs enough to marry it??? This year it is up to 15%, last year it was 9%. There are more people this year saying they are happy to have a job, heck I have said that numerous times this past month...but marry it??? Liking a pay check, being able to pay your bills is not loving enough to marry.

Currently I am involved in helping to implement an EMR (electronic medical record) system but for the last few days it feels like electronic madness record. Do I want to marry it...heck NO. Am I grateful for having a job that helps others and still get paid...for sure.

But if I was going to love a job enough to marry it...it would be in a quilt store, landscaping, teaching someone to read or being a taster at the Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream factory.

No comments: