Monday, February 16, 2009

Amazing Race

Last night was the new season of "Amazing Race." I rarely watch TV on a television...I know, weird. But the first show of the new season I decided to stay up and watch. Yesterday afternoon Greg and I went to see "Taken" which is filmed in Paris. When we got home I brought out my photo album of the trip that Connor and I took to Europe to show Greg (again) the shots of Paris I had taken to prove my point that it is impossible to drive fast in Paris...total gridlock.

In looking and reliving our trip I remembered that Connor and I had called it our Amazing Race. We traveled through 12 countries in 17 days. Had to learn money exchanges, language, how to read train schedules, find a place to sleep and figure out what we wanted to see. We ended up going through countries we hadn't thought of seeing, met people who have had profound impact on our lives even today and found out that dark chocolate truly is the perfect food. We became stronger in spirit, more aware of our surroundings and understood that thank you is a universal phrase.

I was not disappointed with the first show of Amazing Race because again they had a mother-son team. I love those because I always remember our race and I wonder how we would fare if given the chance to be on "The Amazing Race"...I am going to start running again just in case I get a call!

No comments: