Monday, January 12, 2009

Trim Your Sails

I feel quieter today. I know what is ahead. If there is one thing I have a little more than the next guy it is a heighten sense of intuition...or in modern terms...spidey sense. The ball dropped at work on Friday, pretty much everyone stunned...trying to lift each other up. But this I know, given time and reflection some will panic and sadness will set in....so I am not looking forward to this day. Everyone will have had the weekend to really think about how this restructuring is going to affect them. There will be many changes over the next few weeks and each person will deal with it in their own way...a pressure cooker of sorts.

As for me I stayed in rehab mode and became even more committed to making sure my family is strong...geez, I am my mother's daughter! LOL She is all about family and it is because of this I remain resolute, so that my great great great grandchildren will have a decent life. Each one of these days I think we need to stay focused not only on ourselves but what we teach our children about being generous of spirit but cheap! LOL With that we have found a new happy hour place, good food and decent libations at a fraction of the cost of El Cap. Life moves on and so do we.

No comments: