Friday, January 9, 2009

Goin' into Rehab

I am going into Rehab. What is it about rehab that is attractive? There are reality shows about drug, alcohol, sex and gambling rehab. At the very least when you are in rehab you don't have to worry about anybody but yourself in that moment. You don't have to cook. You always have someone to talk too and you can be as bitchy as you want...in fact they expect it will happen. You are supposed to purge the negative forces in your life and move forward.

I used to work at a psychiatric day treatment center. We provided snacks, emotional support, fun games, art, bus passes, psychological support and connection. Sounds good.

So I am going into rehab this weekend. I have decided when I leave work today I am going to put myself in the rehab frame of mind. I am going to eat deliciously made food, I am going to read, spend a day with friends, indulge in the arts, watch a movie, have breakfast in bed with my honey and spend the entire weekend rehabilitating myself so Monday I can be in recovery mode.

The only thing I am not going to give myself this weekend is a bus pass...I am going to work on that...I am a public transit kind of gal...but in rehab you always have to have something to work on...you don't come out cured...so bus ridership is what I will work on!

No comments: