Monday, January 19, 2009

Soul Provider

I love language, especially when there is a play on the written word. Seeing a title called the Soul Provider which I believe is the name of a music group, drew my pondering eye. You see a lot of play on words in band names, book titles and in composition of the written word.

Soul Provider...now this one captured my day dreaming brain. You may have grown up in a household where there was a sole provider...but was there a soul provider. How does one become a soul provider. I do know this, everyone can be one. I think the number one trait of a soul provider is the ability to listen, without thinking. What I mean is, when someone is talking to you we rarely hear the total conversation, the intonation of voice, the facial movements accompanied by speech...well, because we are already formulating our response. It is the height of arrogance to believe that every one that speaks to us wants to have feed back from us. Sometimes they just need to be heard. I am constantly working on this, I sometimes have to go to my happy place rather than interrupt.

It is difficult to figure out in a conversation when a person wants interactive conversation and opinions or when they just want to be heard. Strife occurs when people are trying to be heard and the voices get louder and louder...and then the missiles start flying because there were no soul providers. The world needs more soul providers and this requires more people willing to listen. For each person's soul longs to be recognized, cherished and set free.

No comments: