Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Fine Balance

Life moves forward with an interdependency that most of us have no clue about. We only see the obvious and what affects our immediate day in and day out existence. Will the car start, because I have to get to work...I have to take a shower so there always is hot water. We only pay attention to those things that affect our comfort, happiness and personal needs.

Truly every little change is linked to another causing the world to turn. I remember reading about a movie that was based on the idea that the flap of a butterflies wings effects current on the opposite side of the earth. Fictional maybe, but true in it's concept.

A large airliner has a emergency landing while flying across the Atlantic because a volcano erupts and sends ash into the atmosphere...traveling around the globe until the plane flies through it and loses all its engines.

Last winter I had a small herd of deer in my yard several times a day, every day. So far this winter I have seen one deer...all winter long! What caused this change. Was it the weird weather we are having...yet, I saw a coyote running down the fairway....something minor or major has changed a pattern. What I don't know, is it for the better?

Some say the economic downturn was needed...was it? And how will this change affect our lives? So far it has been good for me, it has made me more observant, less wasteful and frugal. I feel grateful for my job, I work harder and I am more tired...and only time will tell if the fine balance I have created will be positive.

No comments: