Sunday, January 24, 2010

Scary Food


I have been thinking about scary food since my girlfriend Colleen visited last weekend.  I found out some shocking news about her...she has never had a bowl of oatmeal.  Her mother ate oatmeal...but for some reason, whether it was a traumatic oatmeal experience...she, herself never was encouraged to or by free choice, eaten a bowl of oatmeal.  She like Connor also are very suspicious of raisins...to the point that if a sweet roll with raisins in set in front of them...they will distroy it with the precision of a Ninja!

Connor also tried to convince a nurse at the COPA (Central Oregon Pediatric Assoc.) to add peas to his allergy list.  I am not sure but "peas" may be the only allergy listed on his chart. I am thinking I might get him one of those medical alert braclets...PEAS will render this patient green!

So, back to scary food...the photo above is scary as a room full of zombies who haven't eaten recently...burger in a can.  I cannot eat a burger, even if Emril made it for me...let alone one out of a can.

There actually exsists a Museum of Food Disasters!  I wonder if my bowlie cake would qualify?

So according to the food experts here is alist of scary foods...

1.  Mouldy food (my dad spent years trying to convince my mom...mould is not good).

2.  Pink Chicken (pink is cute on baby girls...not poultry)

3.  Aspartame (it does kill rats)

4.  Runny egg whites (salmonella, yes we all know about it...but did you know that there is a egg producer that vaccinates it's chickens against salmonella...I am not sure I like this either)

5.  Reheated rice!!! I feel the Oriental world reeling in shock.  You can reheat rice if you have stored it in the fridge...but listen here relatives of mine...you cannot leave it in the rice cooker over night and not take the risk of getting sick.

6.  MSG (it has been shown to cause neurological symtoms...AND...those with asthma...it may make your symptoms worse!  AH HA!

7.  Shellfish (any raw or undercooked shellfish has bacteria. If you eat it from prohibited areas you can die.  So, listen to grandma...watch everyone else who is eating the raw oysters off Vancouver Island...if they're still alive the next morning...it is ok to eat.)

8.  Grey Meat...(I would never eat anything grey...but the test is after taking it out of the freezer for 15 min.  it should turn pink again)...no grey for me.

9.  Food past it's "use by" date...(Robin...do you hear me...the government agrees with me)

10.  Green Chips or potatos (means in the growing process the spud was exposed to light and thus produced solanine, a toxin)

So this is my scary food expose...I am not sure if oatmeal, raisins and peas should be added to this list but definately avocados!

No comments: