Thursday, January 21, 2010

Insomnia


Well as you can see by the time of this blog that I am experiencing insomnia.  I hear other people deal with insomnia but I rarely have suffered this malady.  It is a good thing that I have a day off...but it really is going to screw with my enjoyment of the day and there is no way I can go to the gym at 0430 when I am up typing at 0130.  I have been spending the last few minutes researching insomnia...kinda boring but not enough to make me sleepy...here are a few excepts from an article I found.

"There are lots of different possible causes of insomnia. The three most major causes of insomnia are psychological causes, physical causes, and temporary events or factors. Stress is one of the number one causes of insomnia, and can leave a person feeling anxious and depressed.


Hormonal changes in women are often a cause of insomnia, and these include premenstrual syndrome, menstruation and pregnancy, just to name a few examples."

Researching insomnia is a hoot...there are thousands of blogs on insomnia.  So, I have taken the first step...get out of bed, instead of tossing and turning.
I fixed myself a nice cup of herbal tea...starting to feel a little sleepy.

What cracks me up is that as soon as I got out of bed and put some clothes on Enzo was up and perky.  He followed me downstairs and now he is totally sacked out...cause he knows it is still the middle of the night.

Just saw a car drive down the street...another insomniac??? Ok...now I am ready for sweet dreams....zzzzzz

No comments: