Wednesday, January 20, 2010

SAD



Seasonal Affect Disorder...or just plain SAD.  Today was the first day I felt SAD.  I can tell the difference from the run of the mill blues and the SAD.  If feels different.  It is totally weather related...the deprivation of light.

I love the snow and there just hasn't been enough of it...I know some people in this town are happy as clams to not have snow to dig out...but snow reflects the sun and I get more excercise shoveling and tromping around with Enzo.  Today's weather, cold, wind, a peep of sun, then cold, wind and more cold and wet.  Yuck.

I want SAD to stand for...sudden Annie dance or sing and dance or some attitude dude....anything but seasonal affect disorder!

How do I take care of my SAD...

I to go to work so I can pretend while inside that the sun is brusting through the cloud, I pick out new fabrics to start a new quilt or I watch a sad movie and just get it all out of me....no SAD for me!

No comments: