Saturday, January 9, 2010

Release


I have chosen my word for 2010...Release.  My cousin shared a site where the author spoke of new years resolutions as opposed to a revolution.  Picking a word is very personal and when you hear the word, you will know it is yours.

It was surprising, yet no surprise that I would need my word at the beginning of the year.  One of the pains that I am unable to give up because it is soooo inbedded in my child's brain is when my mother ignores me.  As a child when my sister or I would do something that would displease her, we would no longer exsist in her world.  We one time figured out that she went as long as 4 days not speaking to us or seeing us...as if we were little ghosts moving in the house.  My sister said it made us better mothers...I know we carry damage...but I have no anger because I know this behavior comes from her own long history of pain...and, I choose not to add to it but hopefully give her a little peace. 

So when I have done something that displeases her in some way I can be shunned.  It is now over a week, no calls, no emails.  I know that in some way it should be a relief but my old child brain remembers being a ghost....so, my new word...RELEASE.  I say it when I feel my heart ache and I feel it relax.  At work when something is bothering me...I say release and I relax.  I have said it sooooo many times this one week.  By saying it, I can feel less of the depression of being a ghost...and know that only time will give her the ability to see me again.

I release and I forgive...but RELEASE is my word.  The gift I give to everyone who reads this blog is a link to pick your word...you will know it when you hear it...


No comments: