Monday, January 11, 2010

Money Money Makes The World Go Round...


Yesterday as Greg and I were taking Enzo for a walk down the road I noticed some money lying in the dirt.  $20 to be exact.  When ever I find money whether it be 1 cent or $20, I feel a thrill of discovery.  One time when we were pretty broke, living barely paycheck to paycheck Greg kicked something on the ground...when he stopped to see what it was...he was shocked.  It was a $50 dollar bill folded up into a tiny little triangle. Once we realized that there was no way to find the owner and the $50 was ours...we were dancing around holding each others hands....back then $50 was sooooo much money.

Today finding the $20 was exciting also...but, time has made a difference.  I no longer felt the $20 was mine.  Although I did feel the thrill of discovery...I am in a different place.  The $20 does not make or break my life.  I am complete.  So, what to do with the $20?  

I remember finding some money on the ground in San Francisco and in the next block there was a guy who was begging for money to buy some shoes...so I gave him the money.

This $20 belongs to someone else...I am happy I found it...but it doesn't feel like mine...I just don't know whose it is...so I carried it around with me today, looking into the faces of people I passed...is it yours? no...so I will keep it a little longer...until I feel...who it belongs too.

No comments: