Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year


Before I start my ramblings let me wish you a Happy New Year, one filled with love, contentment and adventure.

There are two ways to approach the new year, with your cup half empty or your cup half full.  One group's year will be filled with anxiety, pain, anger, regret, complaints, joblessness, death, health problems and financial ruin.  The other's group will be filled with anxiety, pain, anger, regret, complaints, joblessness, death, health problems and financial ruin.  But one of these groups will add adventure, joy, love, peace, happiness, success and a lightness of spirit.  It came to me in that half wake state early in the morning that life is what it is...it is how we choose to hold our pain that makes a difference.

This last year in my family, there was a death, a birth, heart break, love, financial hardship, anxiety, depression, job loss, health issues...and yet it was a year where I learned so much about myself and the people I call, "my people."  It was the hardest year I have had in a long time but it was the best year...and that is life. 

So here is my recipe for making a New Year...

                      1 cup of wake up call...make sure to remove
                              all the seeds
                      1 cup of holding his face gently in my hands
                      3/4 cup of hearing what is being said
                              to this mix add
                      3/4 cup of really listening
                      2 cups of listening to what my heart is saying
                      1/4 cup of anxiety, anger, depression

be sure to pre-cook the 1/4 cup of anxiety, anger and depression until is cook down to a nice glaze....then throw it in the garbage.

                       1/2 cup of forgiveness
                       1/2 cup of grace

once these are mix lightly together, put a pinch behind each ear and walk out the door to an adventure and have the very best year!

No comments: