Saturday, January 23, 2010

Facebook


Ok, I did it.  After finding out that Facebook was building their first only company owned facility in Central Oregon...and reading an article in the paper about a grandmother who was afraid of computers but decided to get one and join facebook so she could see her grandchildren...I decided to take the plunge.  I am fairly computer literate, so why the resistence.  In back of my pea brain I keep thinking that this is another layer of disconnect from the people in my life. 

What I have discovered in one 24 hours period is that I am now connected to family that I rarely see, nor regularly talk too...if you could keep it in perspective, you can have a relationship with relatives you might rarely talk with...so, in that way it is actually a connection not a disconnection. 

In my family tree I am the eldest cousin.  My mother was the eldest sibling.  The span of age ranges from my lofty 56 yrs down to 23 yrs??  Some of my cousins are in their baby birthing years and it will be fun to be more connected to their lives as they venture forth in raising their children. 

With that said...I don't want or need 600+"friends."  I want a more personal connection to those who are within my sphere of existence.  But for those I care about that live outside my sphere, this will provide a way to connect and learn who you are related too and what they enjoy.  Heck I now have 6 friends and am feeling pretty darn popular...by my own standards.

No comments: