Sunday, December 6, 2009

The "Lump It Altogether" Parade



Ok, call me Mrs. Bah Humbug but the Christmas Parade was a huge dissapointment.  It was freezing!  The closest parking space I could find given the way I approached the route, put me behind the Westside Cafe.  This was my mistake.  But the orgainzers of the parade missed the boat.

The Christmas Parade is not the "lump" all the parades this year into one.  It is a Christmas parade.  Besides the marching bands, the military, police and fire dept. everyone else in the parade should be about Christmas...either secular or non secular.  This isn't a recap of the parades that happened all year...it is a Christmas Parade.

So, driving your car that advertises insurance just so your kid can be in the parade makes it seem like an informercial parade.  Businesses that acually pulled a flat bed behind them filled with children singing Christmas caroles...now, that is what we came to see.  Off road vehicle club...thought we saw you last summer.  VFW had their own parade. So if Jakes wants to pull the VFW in the Christmas Parade it would have been funnier to see them all dressed as elves.  I am proud to live in a town that could attract such a wonderful business as Breedlove, but do I need to see their big rig and van adverstising such in the parade?  I know America is getting fatter but does the Christmas parade need a weight loss business marching in the parade chanting about joining and losing weight....made me want to spit out the cookie I was eating...I don't want to feel guilty at the Christmas Parade!

The cub scouts, camp fire girls singing Christmas caroles was heart warming.  The corgi's pulling a wagon decorated for Christmas was entertaining...but just cause you want to advertise your business and stuck a santa hat on your head...that doesn't make it in my book.  The school bands marching while playing Christmas music is a traditional part of Christmas parades.  In my book the only "car" in the Christmas parade should be the one the Christmas queen is riding...The city counsel, mayor should be hoofing it and shaking hands along the way.  Heck even Bob Shaw was walking and waving!

The parade orgainzers could not have lived here very long...gotta keep the parade moving...it's too cold this time of year for long gaps to occur between participants!

Enzo, well he felt like he dodged a bullet.  The first outfit I tried on him was a reindeer costume but a lady walking by said...the costume didn't look any different than his own fir.  So, we settled on Yoshi's old santa hat and a nice red jacket.  The best part of the parade was seeing my cousins! Although Enzo was scared of Amaya...he wasn't quite sure what kind of aninal has pink fur!

No comments: