Saturday, December 12, 2009

BullShit Meter


There seems to be a lot of BS going on...whether it comes from politicans, the media and it many personalities, employers, and people you know.

I was watching a TV show yesterday and one of the characters was being questioned by another...something along the line of...why are you quesitoning my view on the subject...the other character says because my bullshit meter went off.  I laughed and said I think I have one of those.

I thought about it and in polite circles you would say you have good intuition.  Literary groups you might say, you are thin slicing...but in my dad's world...you got a good bullshit meter.

There was a game where you would tell a story and the other people could believe it or yell bullshit.  I was brought up in such a way that cursing was not allowed...especially by ladies.  This does not mean that you can't have a bullshit meter.  I see it all the time...you have a husband in for surgery and when you are asking health questions, you see the wife's bullshit meter go off.  So you turn to the wife and ask...so is that true???  Although little old ladies won't say bullshit, you do see the meter.

So as employers sends out massive amounts of email, or your life is rearranged...just because...and your bullshit meter goes off...what should you do?  Yell BULLSHIT...at least in you mind.

No comments: