Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Baaaadddd Dog


I got home after work today and was greeted at the door by a baaaaaddd dog.  He didn't look bad at first glance, greeting me with a wagging tail and an innocent look.  But then, I went to the entry way to get his leash so I could take him outside and found my favorite Christmas cactus (my only Christmas cactus) and it's beautiful blue pot on the floor.  The dish was broken and some of the cactus segments had been pulled off.

As soon as I said, "what the @#$%" he slinked away.  He would no longer make eye contact and his tail was not wagging.  Well, like any well respected mother I told him to go to his bed and wait till daddy gets home.  Then I didn't clean it up...cause I had to show the damage to Greg and show that we were a united front for this naughty pup. 

Now poodles are one of the smarter breeds and so he knew he was in trouble.  Didn't move from his bed until Greg got home.  Then in my righteous indignation I marched out with Greg and Enzo following...pointing to my suffering plant.  Greg said, "ought oh."  Enzo slinked away.  I wanted to make him realize the depth of my heart ache at seeing my favorite plants busted up...but Greg said "you can tell he is sorry,"

Then he put both paws together, sat up and place them on my chest...kinda like begging for forgiveness.  I thought I saw a twinkle in his eye and I gushed how cute he was begging like that...if he could speak...he would say...Sucka!

No comments: