Thursday, December 3, 2009

Fall Risk


Everytime I work I ask people if they have fallen down...then I fill out a multi-criteria questionaire to determine if they are a fall risk.  If they are, I put this lovely yellow bracelet on them.

So last night I found out I was a fall risk.  I got up in the middle of the night, stepped over Enzo and made the mistake of really looking down.  Whirling vertigo and I started to fall.  Fell against a bookcase  which had a large print on top and a metal pagoda.  Both came crashing down.  Luckily Enzo was not in his bed and so the pagoda didn't kill him...although the print scared the beegeebeez out of  him...so much so that he would not sleep in his bed the rest of the night and instead slept on Greg's side of the bed.

When I came home Enzo didn't look at me like I was a freak.  He totally forgot that I almost killed him.  I showed him my bracelet and he got excited because he thought it was food, not a label for me.

In the past when I have fallen I have gotten depressed because of my clumsiness but for some reason this time it didn't matter. 

I am taking this as a message...I am a fall risk...I have vertigo and I need to step lightly and with conscious thought...so what...there are worse things in life.

No comments: