Saturday, December 26, 2009

Lovers In The Night...Exchanging Glances

....lovers at first sight, exchanging glances...

Christmas Day was one of watching love bloom.  We all wish for love in our lives.  We want the warm feeling of it coursing through our veins and creating a space in this universe where we feel safe.  We not only want that...but we want someone who really sees us and still wants to be with us.  We want the kind of love that gives us a thrilling feeling but also is the kind of love that hangs around when we don't look so thrilling but only sees us as wonderful.

Several times I caught the look of love in my eldest son's eyes.  It was a look of wonder at who this woman is that wants to be a part of his life. 

Last week I watched the Family Man with Nicholas Cage and there is a moment in the movie that always gets me...because in my own life when I experience it...it takes my breath away.  He has her face in his hands and he says, "you are so beautiful" and she says, "how can you look at me like that, after all this time, and still look like as if this is the first time you've seen me?"  Chokes me up everytime, because life marches forward, time takes it's toll...and yet if love exsist we see each other through rose colored glass.  When Greg looks at me like that I feel 50 pounds lighter, my locks of hair are shiney, my skin smooth and tight, I can read a map and I can sing

No comments: