Sunday, December 27, 2009

It's That Week...



You know...that week after Christmas but before New Years.  The black hole week that has sucked all the anxiety, happiness, fevered running around, crazy shopping days, cooking till you feel sick....that week...the one between Christmas and New Years...you know...the one that feels empty...the one where you have time to examine what this holiday season was like...and you swear, you won't have that one again or in my case...loving the choices I made and the music in my head that I listened too...my song.  It is the week where you suddenly realize you hate your Christmas decor and wish someone else would put it away! The one where you are sick....yes, sick of Christmas candy.  It is the week where you feel contentment at how your holiday played out or you are depressed because, again your bubble was popped.

I reach for that day...I can just feel it with my finger tips...for me it is Jan. 2nd.  It is as refreshing as a cool summer rain...cause it is a blank slate!  I can almost see that day...it is potential...it is freedom...it is filled with music...cause it is truly my day...the beginning of my year.

Let's see if I can live 2010 as my year...even when I say it I can feel tears in my eyes because it is like a new baby...so filled with hope, happiness and possibilites...I live in the possibilities!

PS. This photo of Sad Santa looking at the melting Frosty was taken by Greg.

No comments: