Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Family Tree


The trees that produce fruit have been grafted, 2 trees or more grafted together to produce the best fruit and the highest yield.  Much like a family tree. 

I look at my family tree and it is made up of people who were strong and stood up to be counted.  I have an emperor, the daughter of a man who should have been the ruler of a small nation...the son of a man who had two families and yet went on to create a small family business.  Many people who have loved and betrayed one another.  Families who have embraced others too create even more branches of the family tree.  Adopted family members, branches of both good and bad people and yet the tree continues to grow and produce even better fruit.

In 2010 I see another shoot...one created by my eldest son.  He has thought long and hard.  Chosing to graft to our family tree a most wonderful person.  With this person comes a another who will bring to our family tree an even more fruitful bounty.

Family trees are supposed to be dynamic, spreading their branches, shading those who need shade and providing nourishment for those in the family.

2 comments:

Lil' Red said...

Oh Anna - Just reading this makes me so happy for you and your family. Love is just awesome! I've spent a few minutes "catching up" with your blog. . .reading back to this one. And, through your words I can hear, see, and feel all the emotions. I feel honored to be a close observer to these intense and wonderful emotions. It's good for me. Thanks!

Anna said...

I love my family tree especially that now I have a "little girl" branch! LOL