Sunday, November 29, 2009

Bah Humbug



I can't seem to do it...get into the holiday spirit.  It is not my time.  Yesterday on the way back from Portland we saw many cars laden with freshly cut Christmas trees.  We entertained ourselves with critical banter about the choices that people made...but I couldn't fathom going out and getting a tree in what is the month of November!

I know some people have the gift of merriment when ever they chose.  Me...I need to feel the love...when it comes to Christmas.  When I look outside and it is was an absolutely beautiful sunrise, clear blue skies and no snow on the ground...well...I don't feel like Christmas.  I don't feel like Margarita time either...it is the inbetween time.

I just saw 2 runners go down the street...I think that's what I will do this morning.  I will take Enzo and we will make tracks, enjoying the fall day and kick down a few Christmas lawn ornaments who make snide remarks as we shuffel by...they are like people who show up to a party 2 hours early.

No comments: