Sunday, November 22, 2009

Dr. Enzo Ferrari


I think my dog has a degree is happiness.  I will start calling him Dr. Enzo.  There is something about dogs...they make you laugh, they listen to every word you say...as long as it doesn't include the word, NO.

I think as children we were like dogs and then we grew up understanding and seeing all the supposed difficulties of life.  If only we could hang on to that joy that every dog has for the simple things...like a pat on the head or fresh fallen snow.

Who else is blissfully asleep with their head on your feet...dreaming that it is the best smell they have ever taken in?  Who else wants to be in conversation with you while you are taking a poop. When you leave the house who else will lie his head on your dirty clothes waiting for you to return.

They say a dog loves you more than they love themselves...I believe it, and if you listen they will tell you the secret to happiness is to find joy in the simple things.

No comments: